Things I Know
Joining Shae at Yay For Home!
I know it’s Saturday and I should have written and posted this yesterday, but the best I could do was write it in my head and hope it would translate when I got around to writing it. Here’s what I know this week;
* I love Day Care day and this week, having the carer call in sick made me realise just how much.
* Bridesmaids is the most hilarious movie, even if it’s a little uncomfortable to be sitting next to your mother in some (or most) parts.
* I have the most amazing, beautiful, awesome friend/adopted sister in Kirsty who bought me lovely pampering vouchers for my birthday last month
* Two teenage boys can watch three children for an hour and a half.
* I can sit and enjoy being child-free for said hour and a half to get my nails done thanks to a birthday voucher, guilt free and relaxed.
* New nails make Mumma feel good.
* Mummy coming home with pretty new nails leads to an impromptu nail painting and decorating session for two little girls.
* Leaving the nail polish out leads to finger painting as soon as the two year old can get her hands on the bottle when no one’s looking.
* Changing PND meds is not fun.
* I am ready for the transition to be over and done. I am completely drained.
* It’s really not fair to have my monthly visitor here to make me even more emotional through this faze!
* I am starting to freak out about Blogopolis. So many people, many of whom I look up to not to mention the fact that I am starting to worry that I will have to go looking particularly daggy and feeling cold!
* I am right more often than not, I don’t need 3 year olds to stick Zhu Zhu pets in their hair on a rebellious whim to prove it to me.
* That same three year old will never stick another Zhu Zhu pet in her hair, especially after I had to cut it out.
* I’m excited about the new season of Top Gear. Just don’t mention that to James or he might think I enjoy watching it.
* Sometimes the smallest thing can lead to a great epiphany
* I should be getting organised for our trip to Melbourne. Travel packs for the kids, clothes, maps, shoes and so on…
* My boy is already 8 months old and he thinks it’s time to start pulling himself up to a standing position. Why doesn’t he want to stay a baby for his Mumma?
* Ellie and Kahlei are enjoying having a brother who can now get around and play with them
* I get teary thinking about my Munchies growing up so fast. Ellie’ll be in school in 18 months, Kahlei is less and less a toddler every day and Jasper will be walking before I know it.
* I am seriously in need of and lusting for a new handbag (preferably before Blogopolis)
* I am going to get my family, house and self organised thanks to the gorgeous Marissa of Marissa Writes a Blog sending me a copy of Nicole Avery’s Planning with Kids book. Thank you sweet lady x
* My kids drive me crazy and fill my heart with joy daily.
* It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my girls can go from fighting to hugging and back again. And the constant fighting is really starting to get to me. I did not expect it to happen so early on.
* I keep staying up way too late. Would someone please make me go to bed?? Oh, wait, Harry Potter’s still on. Never mind..