This Valentines Day I wanted to dedicate a post to someone who I rarely pay enough attention to, the one person I don’t say ‘I love you’ to daily – or ever, someone who could use a little care, love and positivity right at this moment.
So, when Glow mentioned her I Love Myself Linky I was in. When Sunday night rolled around and it was time to write all of this week’s posts it was with frustration that I looked at the blank screen for this post. I sat and wondered ‘What do I love about myself?’ over and over until I was pretty sick of the sound of my own internal voice.
I walked away and came back last night. I took Glowless’ advice and asked someone else what was lovable about me, figuring I could at least get some ideas. Turns out, I am not the only person who can’t come up with something positive about me. Which, was a little soul crushing.
Given that this year plan to focus more on myself a little more I was adamant that I would find something, I figured there must be something since I spend quite a bit of time fantacising about being alone, that in itself is a positive thing, yes? I decided to pick a few random things which came to me during the day;
* I love that I am willing to let my children do things like paint my face. The joy on Ellie’s face is well worth the length of time I have to stay completely still and all the times I get told off for not doing so.
* I am stronger than I ever thought. I keep going, keep surviving.
* I have acted on my plan of making time to do some things which make me feel good like reading and now participating in Book of Days.
* I love the way I see the world, especially since getting my macro lens; I’ve spent much of my life in a haze, I think, so it’s amazing to be noticing and capturing.
* Now that I have children, I particularly love that I accept and embrace my weirder characteristics. I like to think I am modeling something very important about differences, tolerance and being themselves.
It’s not a very long list, but I am still working on this self love thing.
I did give myself a Valentines gift of not cleaning until after naps and then tomorrow I will give myself another by buying myself a coffee, when I take Ellie to her music class, without guilt.
Did you practice a little self love today?