5 Reasons I am Glad I Wasn’t at #DPCON12
Recently, I shared 5 reasons I should have been at Friday’s Digital Parents Conference in Melbourne and today, I would like to delve into some reasons I am glad I was home instead of surrounded by awesome bloggers, living it up, enjoying time away and learning how to grow my blog and become a better blogger myself.
1. I was actually sick, so I wouldn’t have been at my best in order to soak it all up.
2. I would have missed my kiddos. I had a babysitter booked for this date since finding out the date and intended to join in with the other mums who left their children at home in some un-mum-like fun.
3. While pretending I wasn’t checking out all the fun on Instagram I was having pangs of sadness combined with pangs of “would I have been alone in a hotel room watching all the fun stuff anyway”. I dream of being in on all the before and after goings on, but in reality, I know that I will probably have slipped out quickly just in case nobody asked me to come along.
4. I didn’t have to travel home. Yay.
5. Okay, I can’t think of another but five is a better number than four.
Now, I am off to read all about the conference and learn what I can third hand! Did you write about it? Leave your link in the comments, I’d love to read about your experience!